To add Google Analytics to your website you need to add
Google code in your website’s admin area. Part One is getting the code from Google and
Part Two is how to embed into your website.
(Call us and we’ll do this for you if you prefer.)
Part I: Need to get code from Google
- Create a Google account at http://www.google.com
- Visit http://www.google.com/analytics/
- Click Sign Up Now
- Follow step by step instructions on the Google Analytics
- On the last step, you will be presented with tracking
code. Copy this code so you can paste it into your website.
- Click Finish
Part II: Paste tracking code into your website
- Login to your website, then go to the Admin Area (the link
to the admin can be found directly after logging in, or at the bottom of
your web page anytime after logging in).
- On the left side menu, select Site Settings and then Sitewide
- There you will see “Google Analytics Code:” field. Paste
in the code.
- Click Save Changes.
This will apply the code to every page on your site, just before the closing
body tag (<body>), as instructed by Google.
Allow a day or two to pass and then login to your Goolge
Analytics Account to view tracking data.
Tracking data is generally delayed by 24 hours’