Sidebar images have proven to be popular with companies wanting to cross promote and create external outbound and inbound opportunities.
However, creating an Image SideBar is an advanced feature and to impliment successfully it is more complicated than most features within this service. Most of our clients who use this feature hire us to perform the task. If you choose to try it on your own, here are the basic guidelines.
- Images need to be .png or .jpg. .gif is acceptable as well, but not preferred.
- You should have all images the same width and know the proper width for your website sidebar. If you don't know, call 866-984-8715 and our graphics department will recommend a px width.
- Input images into Image Library with set width, or save on your computer in a file that you can access when in SiteBuilder.
To create a sidebar with images:
- Pick the Text Area (optional scroll) format
- Choose if you want your sidebar to scroll or be static.
- We recommend that you keep Height, Spacing, Speed, and Pause Delay set to defaults, at least until you have viewed the sidebar in your website.
- Within the sidebar HTML editor you can access the images you want to add to the sidebar by choosing the image of the mountain. (When you scroll over it, it says, "Image."
- You also have the options of naming the sidebar with a Title and choosing how the images are aligned.
- You must add the LINE if you want the sidebar to scroll. The line is located on the top row left hand side of the SideBar Content menu.